Weekly Wrap- Up: One Day Late!

I'm sharing my weekly wrap-up a day later than usual since I had two other blog posts to share yesterday for the Happy Holidays Link Party.  I hope you all had a fabulous week.  We had a pretty quite one and our very first snow storm of the season.

We made it out for a nice long hike on Friday before the rains came through.  We headed out letterboxing but soon realized we forgot our ink pad!  Ooops!  We still had fun finding most of the stamps and it got us out in the woods.  We also tackled our schoolwork too: finishing up a few pages in math, reading a chapter, and worked on writing.  Evan finished up his spelling book and both Alec and Ian worked for another 15 minutes or so on Duolingo.  We read a few books together for science and Ian watched more of The Men Who Built America for history.  All in all it was a great homeschooling day.  After dinner Alec decided he was going to make chocolate chip cookies and made up a good 5 dozen cookies on his own following the instructions on the package.  They were so yummy too!

The younger boys and I spent our day at home on Saturday.  Ian went with his father to work at the hydro and then they spent the afternoon digging holes in the campground.  I'm pretty sure the younger two spent the whole day playing video games and reading.  I worked on going through all the photos I had ordered in the mail; many had developing mistakes and I had to pick out those that needed to be re-ordered.  I also hung the boys new fall photos in our hallway and did lots and lots of laundry.

I was determined to begin working on a few more Christmas gifts on Sunday.  I'm pretty much done all the shopping for everyone but my 3 boys and I have a few gifts I want to make or add embellishments to.  After getting just one project done I put the Cricut away and went with my husband to work at the hydro plant.  This time of year the grates need to be raked just about daily to clear out all the leaves.  We finished our night watching Incredibles 2 and enjoying some yummy homemade fettuccine Alfredo with shrimp and broccoli.

Alec had an orthodontist appointment on Monday but the boys still managed to gets lots of schoolwork done.  They all worked on math, reading, writing, spelling/duolingo, and science.  It was a beautiful day and Alec's appointment was over with quite quickly so we went on a nice long hour walk after lunch.  We found a new trail to check out and though it was muddy we had fun.

We had another day of pouring rain on Tuesday.  Alec had his karate class and Ian was heading off to work for the day with his grandfather so the boys had a very light day of schooling.  They each worked on math, reading and writing before we headed out. We had lunch with my mother in law at Dunkin Donuts then stopped at the library.  I spent the rest of my afternoon wrapping gifts and addressing all our Christmas cards. Once my husband came home and we had all the dinner dishes cleaned up we decided to re-watch Lego Batman.  That movie never fails to make me laugh.

I was up bright and early on Wednesday to go grocery shopping.  The boys worked on some math, reading, writing. and spelling/duolingo while I puttered around in the kitchen prepping food for the week.  Ian watched some more of his history show during lunch and then we all braved the elements for a brisk 30 minute walk.  The temperatures are now quite cold and we even had flurries!  After our walk we all warmed up with another 20 minute workout at home.  Alec made an adorable peacock using his clay (sadly it burned while he was baking the clay in the oven) and Ian tried to finish up his model car.

Ian was heading out on Thursday with his grandfather to pick up a new tractor so we didn't plan a ton of schoolwork.  Each of the boys worked on their math, reading, writing, and the older two boys worked on their foreign languages a bit.  They all found time to work out for an hour in the basement but I'll fully admit the day just got away from me and I did not.  Alec re-made his clay peacock and decided to make a cute little turtle to go with it.  This time we looked up cooking instructions online and went with the lower temperature; checking it every 5 minutes.  He then coated parts of them with his shiny top coat and set them aside to dry.  Evan and I made a quick run to the library and the apple orchard hoping the snow would hold off until we got home.

We woke Friday morning to snow! I knew that meant Ian would be gone a good portion of the day plowing and shoveling.  I also had an appointment for a dental cleaning so, once again, we planned to just get the basics done.  I set out math, writing, and reading work for the boys.  I also hoped we'd have time for spelling/ Duolingo and a bit of science.

Linking Up With:

Homeschool Coffee Break


  1. You have had a lovely and varied week! You live in a pretty area.

  2. What a lovely week. Snow already!? I am not ready for that.
    Blessings, Dawn

    1. I really was not ready for that either! I kept hoping that the forecast would be wrong and it would pass us by but it looks like it might be here to stay.


Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Favorite TV Shows Growing Up in the 80's and early 90's

Throwing a Fabulous 70th Birthday Party at the Last Minute

Things That Make Me Laugh